The Research Network on Social Justice and Education is made up of the following institutions:
- Research Group “Educational Change for Social Justice” of the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- Center for Research and Development of Education (CIDE), of the Alberto Hurtado University (Chile).
- Education Area of the Torcuato Di Tella University (Argentina).
- National Pedagogical University (Colombia).
- Faculty of Human Sciences of the Catholic University (Uruguay).
- Fact of Education of the Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia.
- Institute of Research and Educational Policies of the Antonio Ruiz de Montoya University (Peru).
The coordination falls on the Research Group “Educational Change for Social Justice,” of the UAM, with the support of the Center for Research and Development of Education (CIDE), of the Alberto Hurtado University of Chile.
Each member institution is headed by a person who coordinates it and who will maintain official relations with the Network. Said person will be chosen by the institution itself.
In each country there is a maximum of one or two institutions that will be in charge of coordinating the activities in same.
For an institution to be part of the network, it must be presented by a member institution and approved by all. An annual meeting has been established, the following in the first months of the year 2013.
For these next 3 years (June 2012 to June 2015) it is proposed to develop the following research topics:
- Quantitative study on student and teacher conceptions about Social Justice (2012, field work).
- Qualitative study on student and teacher conceptions on Social Justice (first half of 2013)
- Leadership on Social Justice, ethnographic study
- School segregation (From 2012 to 2014)
- Teaching practices for social justice (From 2012 to 2014)
- Social justice in higher education (2014).
- Continue with the agreement to develop doctoral theses in collaboration between the different member universities and the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- Encourage the development of publications, including: Prepare a joint book on Social Justice and Education in Latin America in two years.