Education, as a basic pillar of the development of our society, must be based on education for all, without differences or isolation of the students due to their special characteristics. At the same time, the great boom that are taking place in society in general and in education in particular, Information and Communication Technologies, make them the best tools to facilitate personalized and group education. Therefore, the proper use of these technologies allows us to improve educational quality, promoting Social Justice in the classroom.
If we understand education as the basis for the development of every society, we must also seek to develop Social Justice in the classrooms, in order to generate an egalitarian society and work towards the construction of that society we long for. The concept of Social Justice that guides this group is a concept based on the proposal of attending to the capacities required by individuals to carry out one kind of life or another. All of them, capacities that must be worked on, ensured and respected from the education of the first courses of the different educational centers. In this way, we develop basic skills from the early years of individuals, in order to ensure Human Rights and equal opportunities from school.
In this sense, we can distinguish different lines of work in this context:
- Digital literacy
- Digital divide vs digital union
- ICT opportunities for students with Specific Educational Support Needs
- ICT communication opportunity
- ICT and rights
- Rural School and ICT
- Analyze the educational reality of disadvantaged contexts regarding the incorporation of ICT.
- Contrast the improvements developed in disadvantaged educational contexts by including the use of ICT as an improvement in inclusion.
- Bring ICT and Adaptive Classroom projects to disadvantaged sectors.
- Train teachers and students to improve the sustainable use of ICT.
- Project to train and to bring tools and ICT resources to older people. www.tcymayores.com
- Project to bring the most innovative ICTs to disadvantaged educational centers.
- Use of new trends in education to improve educational equity: Robotics, virtual reality …